The NICN emphasizes educational programs. Throughout the past 37 years, education has taken three forms :
- Education Conferences at sites throughout the state, including: Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, GrandIsland, Norfolk, North Platte, Scottsbluff, Columbus, Nebraska City, and Ogallala. Over 6000 participants have attended the conferences with outstanding evaluations.
- Two-day Primary Infection Prevention Course - This course is held twice a year in Omaha, for nursing home and small hospital infection controlprofessionals. In the more than 30 years these courses have been provided, over4000 trainees have attended.
- Intermediate Infection Prevention Course - This course was offered for the first time in the summer of 2016.
Education Conference Programs have been sponsored at sites throughout the state including Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, GrandIsland, Norfolk, North Platte, Scottsbluff, Columbus, and Ogalalla.
Over 5000 participants have attended the conferences with outstanding evaluations.
The target audience consists of
- Public health officials
- Physician assistants
- Nurses and nurse practitioners
- Infection Preventionists
- Law enforcement and first responders, and
- Mental health providers,
For more information please contact Kate Tyner, Program Director, NICN, at email
Infection Control Prevention Courses
This educational event is held several times a year in Omaha, for nurses and other health care professionals dealing with infection prevention issues.
In the more than 29 years these courses have been presented, over 3,700 participants have attended.
Primary Infection Control Prevention Course
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Dates: The next offering will be on March 30 and 31, 2023 at Methodist Women's Hospital, Medical Office Building in Omaha.
| Scholarship Form |
Flier and Registration information
Primary Infection Prevention - Two Tracks!
Track ONE: Prevention for All Health Care Settings, Acute Care Hospital, Ambulatory Care & Surgical Centers
Track TWO: Prevention for
All Health Care Settings and Long-Term Care and Assisted Living Facilities
Also available: Primary Infection Prevention One-Day Course: Prevention for All Health Care Settings
Day 1: Thursday, March 30, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Day 2: Friday, March 31, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Methodist Women's Hospital Medical Office Building (MOB)
2nd Floor Conference Room
717 N 190th plaza, Elkhorn, NE 68022